Administrative Division - Housekeeping
6/17/19 5:00 p.m.
Wake County, NC
6/17/2019 5:00 PM Eastern
- Description of Work
- *** Permanent Full-Time – Second Shift – 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM ***Excellent presentation, cleanliness, and orderliness are the epochal elements of judging the quality of any organization. Housekeepers at the General Assembly are responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of assigned areas of the legislative complex, which includes the legislative building and legislative office building. Housekeepers work under the direction of the Housekeeping Supervisor. All housekeeping services fall under the direction of the Facility Manager.Examples of Duties:
- Sweeping, mopping, buffing, and vacuuming floor surfaces.
- Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies, using vacuum cleaners and shampooers.
- Keep all restrooms clean and stocked with appropriate supplies for the convenience of the legislators, legislative staff, and visitors.
- Emptying waste receptacles and transporting other waste to disposal areas.
- Dusting and polishing furniture and fixtures.
- Cleaning windows, walls, ceilings, and woodwork, waxing and polishing as necessary.
- Moving and arranging furniture.
- Preparing rooms for meetings.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
- Knowledge of effective cleaning and sanitizing techniques.
- Competent in use of tools/equipment used in various cleaning tasks.
- Ability to work independently to complete individual assignments with a high degree of quality and in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of safe and appropriate use of cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to perform tasks that routinely require standing, walking, pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, climbing, reaching. And lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Consistent practice of safety standards at all times.
- Strong desire to provide the highest quality customer service and interact positively with the legislators, legislative staff, and general public at all times.
- Ability to work cooperatively as a team member to complete special group projects.
- Flexibility in meeting the changing needs of the organization throughout the day.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Experience in housekeeping work with practical knowledge of established cleaning procedures and techniques and use of cleaning equipment and tools is required.
Housekeeping is a physically demanding job and housekeepers need to be able to maintain good health as most of the tasks involve physical work where they are needed to stand, walk, lift, and bend throughout their shifts.
- Supplemental and Contact Information
- ***NC General Assembly positions are NOT Subject to the State Human Resources Act.***Applicant Instructions:
To apply for the Housekeeper position, submit the NC General Assembly application through the NC General Assembly website:
To be considered for the Housekeeper position, all applicants must submit a NC General Assembly application by 5:00 pm on (June 17, 2019).
Agency Contact Information:
North Carolina General Assembly
Human Resources Office
***Due to the high volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application.***
- The General Assembly offers employees and their eligible family members a comprehensive and valuable benefits program. The employees have the opportunity to participate in a variety of benefits which can enrich their quality of life, their health, and their future. Benefits include employee health insurance options, standard and supplemental retirement plans, NC Flex (flexible benefits - a variety of high-quality, low cost benefits on a pre-tax basis), paid vacation, sick, community service leave, and more.
- State of North Carolina
NOTE: Apply to the department listed on posting
An Equal Opportunity Employer, North Carolina, State Government