Administrative Division - Housekeeping
11/15/19 5:00 p.m.
Wake County, NC
11/15/2019 5:00 PM Eastern
- Description of Work
- *** Permanent Full-Time – First Shift – 7:00 am-3:00 pm ***Distinguished by its architecture and constructed in 1963, the Legislative Complex is where the North Carolina General Assembly (NCGA) conducts legislative business. The Facility Maintenance department is essential in the appearance and preservation of the NCGA. The General Assembly requires a dedicated team of housekeepers to ensure a level of excellent presentation, cleanliness, and orderliness set by the high standards of the NCGA. Housekeepers are an essential part of daily operations, responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of assigned areas of the legislative complex, which includes the Legislative Building and Legislative Office Building. To be successful in this role, the applicant must be able to follow instructions and pay close attention to details in a highly populated environment. The person in this position must have a strong work ethic, a courteous attitude, and the ability to work well within a team. The position also requires the ability to be extremely flexible in working extended hours and weekends to meet the needs of the NCGA.
Housekeepers work under the direction of the Housekeeping Supervisor. All housekeeping services fall under the direction of the Facility Manager.
Examples of Duties:
- Sweeps, mops, buffs, and vacuums floor surfaces.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies, utilizing vacuum cleaners and shampooers.
- Keeps restrooms clean and stocked with appropriate supplies for the convenience of the legislators, legislative staff, and visitors.
- Empties waste receptacles and transports waste to disposal areas.
- Dusts and polishes furniture and fixtures.
- Cleans windows, walls, ceilings, and woodwork; waxes and polishes as necessary.
- Moves and arranges furniture.
- Prepares rooms for meetings.
- Responds to service calls.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
- Knowledge of effective cleaning and sanitizing techniques with safe and appropriate use of cleaning chemicals.
- Competent in the use of tools and equipment used in various cleaning tasks.
- Ability to work independently to complete individual assignments with a high degree of quality and in a timely manner.
- Ability to perform tasks that routinely require standing, walking, pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, climbing, reaching; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Consistent practice of safety standards at all times.
- Strong desire and willingness to provide the highest-quality customer service and interact positively with the legislators, legislative staff, and general public at all times.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to work cooperatively as a team member to complete special group projects.
- Flexibility in meeting the changing needs of the organization throughout the day.
- Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Experience in housekeeping work with practical knowledge of established cleaning procedures and techniques and use of cleaning equipment and tools is required.
Housekeeping is a physically demanding job; most of the tasks involve physical work where it is necessary to stand, walk, lift, and bend throughout their shifts.
- Supplemental and Contact Information
- ***NC General Assembly positions are NOT Subject to the State Human Resources Act.***
To apply for the Housekeeping position, submit the NC General Assembly application through the NC General Assembly website:
To be considered for the Housekeeping position, all applicants must submit a NC General Assembly application by 5:00 pm on November 15, 2019.
Agency Contact Information:
North Carolina General Assembly
Human Resources Office
***Due to the high volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application.***
- The General Assembly offers employees and their eligible family members a comprehensive and valuable benefits program. The employees have the opportunity to participate in a variety of benefits which can enrich their quality of life, their health, and their future. Benefits include employee health insurance options, standard and supplemental retirement plans, NC Flex (flexible benefits - a variety of high-quality, low cost benefits on a pre-tax basis), paid vacation, sick, community service leave, and more.
- State of North Carolina
NOTE: Apply to the department listed on posting
An Equal Opportunity Employer, North Carolina, State Government